Monday 1 September 2008

You Must Try This - Chicken in Blackberry Sauce

Following last week's blackberry pickin's, Charlotte created a delicious dinner for me the other night. It was a wonderfully seasonal dish of chicken breast in blackberry sauce, served with saute potatoes and green beans.

It was delicious and I recommend you give it a try while the blackberries are still readily available.

According to Charlotte, the blackberry sauce consisted of chicken stock, creme fraiche, fresh blackberries and salt & pepper. Simple. Of course, it was also made with love - that extra special ingredient, so make sure you put a load of that in there too. Yes Charlotte does indeed put her emotions into her cooking, just like the protagonist in that fabulous book Like Water for Chocolate. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Do lesbians make good cooks? My guess is they would.

Anonymous said...

We sure do, despite the stereotypes of lentils and tofu. I would rather eat my own arm than feast on tofu!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to give this a go. The sea of frozen blackberry-shaped marbles in my freezer were destined to be sprinkled over ice cream or used in repetitive crumbles until I had proved that you CAN have too much of a good thing. Thanks for bringing some variety in to my life!