Wednesday 2 July 2008

Dolly Dinners: A cup of ambition

Nine to five

Now I'm not stuck in the rigours of a nine to five routine, my ambition for today was to take myself into town, sample some more culinary delights and spend some time at Mediatheque on the Southbank. Here you can view the BFI's film archives for free and it's great place to spend some spare time, as the archive has over 1000 titles right at your fingertips, including such gems as Abigail's Party, the Wicker Man (original version naturally) and a whole host of gay films and TV programmes.

However, my plans have been thrown into disarray as I have pulled what seems like a nerve in my back, and so am housebound. So, I will throw my energy into consuming the tasty breakfast muffins I made the other day, along with my cup of ambition (pictured) and catching up on viewing my DVD collection.

Speaking of ambition, what are yours? Here's just a few of mine:

1. To take a road trip from Santa Fe to San Francisco, taking in the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, LA and Highway 1 on the way - My ambition was further quenched by the advertising launch we attended the other day, hosted by Amro Holidays, the gay owned travel company. They've launched a new US campaign on the tube network, specifically at Leicester Sq and Covent Garden stations. Take a look the next time you go up the escalator and maybe do a bit of cruising to see who else is checking it out! We will do the trip in time...just need to stock up on Valium to cope with the flights!

2. Wipe out homophobia - we live in hope, but doesn't it seem to be getting worse?

3. Run my own deli or become a food writer - a long term ambition, but it would be great. All that fine food and being able to talk about it as my job.

4. Write a book - either something set in the Studio 54 days or a wartime lesbian love story.

5. Meet Dolly Parton - What else can I say....she is a goddess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' it!