Tuesday 29 July 2008

If you fancy a quickie...

Carry on at your Convenience

Chloe Moore: Come on Fred, I'll get you something to eat.
Fred Moore: I could do with a bit.
Sid: Spoken like a true man!

Convenience food, what do you make of it? Not that any of us can afford it at the moment with the credit crunch (aren't you getting really sick of hearing that term now? It's everywhere.)

My personal favourite convenience food is a Chinese takeaway. However, that has to be a solitary indulgence seeing that Beth doesn't particularly care for it. Although I always find that I order far too much as piggy's eyes are far bigger than her stomach!

I tend to over indulge on the appetisers and so hence find the main event a bit of a let down. Just let me loose on ordering crispy Peking duck with pancakes, seaweed, capital spare ribs, sesame prawn toasts etc and I go quite doo lally!

Though I am quite partial to a pizza as well. But, it must have a thin crust and plenty of pepperoni. The best one I've had was in New York at John's Pizzeria in Greenwich Village. Lots of spicy Italian sausage to tickle my taste buds (and that's not a phrase you often hear a gay girl say!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Credit Crunch....good name for a new brand of budget chocolate biscuits!

Anonymous said...

Salt and pepper ribs are our fave.

I'm not too keen on Chinese (although I can eat Indian until it comes out of my ears - or more usually my arse) but I adore salt and pepper ribs.

And crispy noodles.

Oh gawd, I can't believe I've found a blog that talks so much about food - bang goes my bloody diet!