Friday 25 July 2008

Seneca is well known throughout Rome as a truly great Sage

Seneca: "Yes…..and I know my onions!" (Carry on Cleo)

We have loads of sage growing in our garden. I only cut my bush back a few weeks ago. It's amazing how quickly it grows during the summer! The mad thing is that we Brits don't tend to eat much sage at this time of year. Casseroles, sage and onion stuffing, these are all winter foods, so what do I do with the abundance of this herb? I asked the sage of the kitchen (Charlotte) but this evening she's too busy drinking champagne and listening to Abba to impart her wisdom, so the question remains unanswered for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing worse in these hot and sticky days than a hot, festering, swampy bush. Girls, it is imperative that you keep yours trimmed, close-cropped or even cut right back to a soft downy fluff thus allowing air and (bandaged) fingers to circulate freely. Have you thought of getting a sagebrush?